Saturday, January 30, 2010

Worst Blogger EVER!!

OK Guys... I hate to say it... but it is true. I am the worst blogger ever. I wish I was better at staying on top of things, but I guess life gets the best of me sometimes and I didn't put my blog at the top of the priority list. I am definitely not going to go through the last couple of weeks eating and exercising routines in depth like I ordinarily would, but I am definitely going to let you know about some of the things I have been experiencing during the last couple weeks.

Well I really have stuck to my diet. I am not going to lie, I have cheated a couple times. I had a few cookies along the way and I drank a soda (long day with teenagers called for some major caffeine and the crispness of a coke), and I did have a coffee. But all in all I balanced what I ate and stayed under the amount of calories I was allowed to take in.

I set up a program with Mike The Trainer called dotfit. It tracks the amount of calories I burn a day (which I learned is much higher than I had thought) I would love to write down the amount of calories I am burning and all the results that I got since I started dotfit, but the horrible computer I am on wont load the page right. So tomorrow, when I blog next, I will add that in.

Let me tell you a bit about my progress. I have gained 2 lbs. So I am now 169... this really sucks because I have cut my calories in half and I am working out like a fool. I have lost about 1% body fat and hopefully next weigh in I will see some different results.

Since I have cut my calories, I feel like CRAP! Who knew??!! I thought when you start eating healthier and better and appropriately you're supposed to feel much better and your body is supposed to feel the difference in a good way. Well I am not. I am hungry all the time. I eat until I feel like I am almost full and stop, and I usually am full after a couple of minutes, but then a couple hours later... I AM HUNGRY, not just a little, but like a lot. And I have been eating the same things over and over again to try to lose this weight (which I have gained) that I am getting irritable because I am craving snacks and burgers and funfetti cake. SERIOUSLY!!! I feel sorry for the people I am around because I am really grouchy since I am fighting the urge to eat the things I want to eat. It has been horrible.

I also feel a lot weaker and more tired since I have cut my calories. I want to sleep all the stinking time and I don't have the energy to do anything. But let me clear things up... these are the symptoms I have for lupus (extreme exhaustion and limited energy). So I am not sure if it really is the cutting of calories as much as it is the lupus... but ironically it happened at the same time.
I am going to start taking an energy supplement again. I have taken them before, and it definitely helps. So I hope that I will see the difference in my energy again!

Lastly, the combination of all these things have made me overly emotional which has probably stunted my ability to lose weight since I am so stressed and feeling weird.

I hope these things will start to change over the next couple of weeks as I continue this process.

THANK YOU SO MUCH to all my friends and family who have supported me and have kept me accountable. I really thank you for encouraging me and getting me back on the blog. I will see you tomorrow!!

God bless
Alyssa

1 comment:

  1. I love how honest you are. I don't think you "cheat" when you have a couple cookies and a coke! I think a healthy balance is definitely needed to have long-term success in eating right. No one can deprive themselves of things they love forever. So enjoy when you have them - just miminimize those times!

    I can relate to where you said you are hungry all of the time. That is my problem. If I try to eat less (I just love to eat) I'm hungry. No Extra gum is gonna cure that feeling for me.

    ReplyDelete