Tuesday, January 19, 2010

back on track...

Sorry to everyone who has been keeping me accountable to my diet and exercise! I have taken a couple days off from the blog because of either time restraints or mind breaks. But I have kept true to my commitment, for the most part. Although I am several days behind, I am going to briefly recollect the last few days in the blog just so I know how I have taken care of myself when I look back. Dont worry I wont put 4 days of details in one blog!!!

Friday, Jan. 15 I went to the gym I rode a bike for the first time in a long time. I did one of the lower bikes, because the high seated bikes really hurt my bottom. I didn't know what kind of workout I would get but I was determined to try. I put myself on the "random" workout, and set a steady pace of 12. I don't recall how many calories I burned or how far I rode, but I do know it was not as much of a full calorie workout, however, my legs were BURNING!!! Great leg and cardio workout. I also finished up with 100 sit-ups. I am guessing I burned about 500 calories today at the gym

For lunch I had my regular turkey wrap with cottage cheese and a salad. And since this has been my lunch for the last 5 days, I will skip the details and go straight to calories consumed: 599 calories.

For dinner, it was my good friend Skye's birthday, and although she and many of the women are all working on losing weight, we all went to the Japanese steak house! YUM! The big difference is however that most of the girls like sushi, which is pretty good for you. And because we weren't sitting at the grill, there are limited options for me (mainly because I am not very adventurous when I eat and I am very picky due to digestion issues from lupus). So I ordered chicken tempura. It came with salad, which I only at a few bites. When I saw my main coarse I was shocked, it was so strange looking and there was so much! It was so deep fried I was sickened by the grease (which I guess is a good thing to be disgusted by what I used to have never thought about and consumed eagerly). I had one and 1/2 of the chicken tempura and some white and friend rice. I am not even sure what my calories consumption was but at a wild guess it would be around 984 calories.

But because it was a birthday party, we definitely had some dessert. I had some banana split for mine. I definitely should have not had any, but since we were sharing I had some. Because it was shared and I don't know exactly all of what was in it, I am guessing it was around 200 calories.

Today was definitely not my best day, but here are the results: Approx. 1783 calories consumed and approx 1200 burned. Making the difference 583 calories more consumed than needed to lose weight.

Saturday Jan 16
Today was my Saturday to work at Wells Fargo, so I started my day with a dannon light and fit vanilla yogurt at 80 calories.

For lunch I ran out of salad so I had my regular wrap but with pineapples (100 calories) and cottage cheese (45 calories) for the sides. I also had a chocolate and vanilla pudding at 100 calories for a dessert. This makes my lunch 534 calories.

Dinner wasn't really dinner today. I went to a friends baby shower and snacked on different dips and finger foods. I don't really know what all was there and what I ate, which I really should have taken note of. I think when there are several foods out to snack on is when I do my worst. I would estimate around 650 calories because of cake and fattening finger foods.

I didn't go to the gym today, I was out of time and energy. So I would estimate that I burn around 900 calories today, making my intake 1264 for the day v. 900 to have the difference of 364 (not in my weight loss favor, but the difference is getting smaller).

Sunday Jan 17
Today was Jake and Brady Harrington's birthday. Before I went to their party I had a Taco Bell bean burrito with 370 calories.

At the party I had a slice of my absolute favorite cake, funfetti, which has 240 calories in one slice.

I am so proud of myself for dinner! First I picked the recipe, I found it on the biggest loser website (one of their supported links). And I made it myself (I have never made dinner by myself before). I made a lightly breaded chicken parm with squash spaghetti. I made green beans and corn and garlic bread to go with it. The chicken parm with the spaghetti squash was only 430 calories per serving, but since I only ate half a chicken and half the squash, I would have only had 300 calories. Then add the green beans (20 calories) and corn (40 calories) and garlic bread (180 calories) My total dinner was 540 calories... and it was GOOD and FILLING!!! if you want the recipe it is from eatbetteramerica.com.

No gym today, so my total was 1150. I probably burned around 800 calories today making the difference again positive (not in a weight loss way) for a 350 calorie difference.

Monday Jan 18
First day of boot camp!!!! And guess what my mom wants for lunch... and I guess I did too... 5 guys burgers... a last tribute to bad food... or just a bad idea! A total of 860 calories... NOT WORTH IT!!!

Oops... I forgot I had a small moxie java milky way for breakfast: 258 calories

Boot camp today was mostly to test where we were at in our fitness levels:
How many push-ups until we couldn't do another: I did 20
How many sit-ups in 1 minute: I did 54
How long we could do a plank until we couldn't hold ourselves up: I held it for 1 min and 10 sec.
How long we could do a wall-sit for: I held it at 1 min and 30 sec.
How many arm dips we could do in a min: I did 60
What our heart rate was after 3 min of stair steps: mine was 93
and How many "burps we could do: I did 7 (NOT EASY!) A burp is jumping straight up and into a push up and back up.
I burned about 450 calories at the gym and about 800 for the day

For dinner I basically had cheese and crackers and carrots with ranch dip with garlic bread. This totals to about 550 calories

Today's outcome would be 1668 calories for the today's food consumption, and +418 calories left to be burned.

FINALLY! Caught up to today, Jan 19... Tuesday.

I utilized my late start day to sleep in a bit, I have been so stressed I have not gotten much sleep.
For breakfast I had a piece of garlic bread (185 calories)
For lunch I had prepared chicken salad (with only mustard and relish) There is 120 calories in the entire can of chicken plus 11 calories of mustard and 82 calories of relish. Which totals to be 213 calories. Divide this by three for the amount of days I will eat it will be 71 calories per day! Again I had it on my 100 calorie wrap with 2 slices of cheese (170 calories) and cottage cheese (45 calories) with peaches (90 calories) and a pudding (100 calories) My total lunch today was: 576 calories.

I went to the gym after work today and rode the bike for 15 min and ran the treadmill for 15 min for a total of 400 calories. I also did free weights, arm weights, squats, and sit-ups for about 1 hour to total about 500 calories burned. 900 at the gym and about 1000 during the day. for 1900 calories total.

For dinner I had another APEX chocolate and peanut butter shake for 280 calories.

Making today's calories consumed 1041 and burned 1900! I HAVE SUCCESS! About a 859 calorie negative difference! YAY!

Thanks to everyone who had kept my accountable. Trust me, I did not want to get this far behind in the blog, nor did I want to write it all out days old. That is boring and yesterday's news, but I think it is important that I at least figure out the calorie difference for each day. I will do my best to not get behind again. Thanks to everyone who has been reading and giving input and tips! I am so excited about learning more!

Psalm 145:17
The Lord is righteous in all his ways and kind in all his works.

Alyssa

1 comment:

  1. you ate like straight up meal re-placer shakes and thats IT! .... tell your hot boot camp jerk to be nice.

    your doing awesome! keepgoing! it really is encouraging to me to see how good you are doing and how hard you are working. you are going to be hot on your wedding day hahahah
    loveya chief

    ReplyDelete