Monday, January 11, 2010

Sunday Day 5

Well today is the day that I put Randall on a plane and send him 3,000 miles to the other side of the country. It is very hard for me to do that, but God is good and will bless the time we have apart.

Before I sent him off to study hard we decided to go to breakfast with my family. Although it was great it theory, breakfast is killer for me... I love sweet things like syrup, muffins, powdered sugar, etc. Honestly, I looked over the healthier choice menu... but it looked so fake and gross. It was imitation eggs and fake meat... gross. So I ordered what I liked... knowing the consequences of it, and tried to portion control. 1 pancake (gave the other to my dad), some hash browns with ketchup, over-easy eggs, and 2 pieces of toast. Seriously... THAT IS TOO MUCH FOOD!!!! I am staying committed to writing down everything I eat, but I only realize how much food that is when I type it out here for the whole world to see. So I am going to try a new habit... still writing it down, but I am going to write it down before hand so I can honestly see how much food I am about to consume and make a decision on it before it hits my belly... or better yet my thighs and butt.
So from now on... food is going to be written about... even if its on a little napkin before I eat it. Thanks IHOP for showing me what a pig I am and that I need to change that.

Around 4pm... after a generous nap, I realized I was hungry again and popped in 2 of the microwave bean burritos and sprinkled a little extra Colby Jack cheese for flavor with a small dab of sour cream. Again... I looked at what I ate and the amount of calories I consumed after I ate it... bad idea. But I should have only had one (each one was 240 calories alone with 60 calories from fat! 8 calories for sour cream (1 teaspoon) and 120 calories in cheese with 10 calories from fat!) This equals a 608 calories meal with 76 calories from fat! This was more than a full meal, and I was considering it light... I have a lot of rethinking to do!!!
***TIP*** I read in the booklet I got from the Body Success Challenge that any snack that we eat should be less than 200 calories. Something I definitely need to learn from. Otherwise rather than a snack I am eating multiple meals a day.

I decided to go to the gym today, which I typically don't go Sundays because I work, but after the total of food I have already eaten today... I HAD TO GO!!!!
I am really really sore from yesterday's work out with all those squats. My legs feel like led and can hardly move quickly. So I am going to work on burning calories and getting the joints moving freely again.
I stretched a lot... quite a bit of lower body and back stretches. About 15 min.
Because of the soreness, I decided to do the elliptical, 25 min. on Random mode and level 10 intensity. Rather than doing 3 min. maintain speed (around 7.5) and 1 min. max speed (11.5) I tried doing 5 min pushed speed (about 9.0) and 5 min. max speed (11.5). This was very difficult but it felt good on my legs. I finished my 25 min with about 3.5 miles ran on an elliptical and 320 calories burned. I know I am getting stronger to be able to maintain those speeds and get those results. It might be time to increase the intensity and time.

For dinner I wasn't quite as hungry so I tried eating Pita Pit's kids sized pita. A normal sized Grilled chicken breast pita without any condiments or cheese is 374 calories and 19 calories from fat. I had lettuce (no calories), olives (approx. 10 calories), and yellow mustard (approx 11 calories). With it I had a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese @ 100 calories. In total it would be 495 calories, but because I had a small pita I would estimate it at about 400 calories.
I was craving something sweet after my meal (as I usually am) and I found nilla wafers in the pantry I had the serving size value, which is 8 cookies at 140 calories and 50 calories from fat. This makes my dinner's grand total 540 calories with about 73 calories from fat. Much better than my "lunch/snack" of burritos and way healthier anyhow.
***TIP*** My small pita was only $3.50 and it was the perfect size!!!

Thanks for following! I was able to google all the calorie intake just by typing in what I ate and the approximate amount if you are looking for how much your intake is or how much something is worth.
Please keep the comments coming... thanks Dionna for letting me know about white cheese over yellow cheese!!!

God Bless,
Alyssa

1 comment:

  1. No problem, Alyssa! It's still cheese - but if you have to have it - a bit healthier.

    Thanks for the Pita Pit tip on the kids portion. I've been wanting to go there but havn't made it yet.

    ReplyDelete