Monday, February 1, 2010

Another day

Today's post will sum up the weekend entirely.

I am still overly exhausted and am hardly thinking clearly. I feel like there is a fog over my brain and I am on auto-pilot in the most basic of ways.

Saturday was my good friend Laurel's birthday party. It was wonderful to mingle with friends and meet some new people. Stephanie was an incredible hostess with delicious foods. This is my biggest weakness of all. If there is a party or a get together and other people are eating whatever, I have no desire to strive to eat the right things. Although Stephanie's food selection wasn't terrible (in fact it was absolutely delicious) for me... I did find myself ignoring the calorie intake. So I had a 1/2 of a giant cupcake... which is probably about the size of a regular cupcake, a cookie, and some baked chips with a broccoli and turkey croissant (not in that order... haha). I am not sure what the calories are on this, but it was a lot. Much more than I needed.

Today, I also had a craving for pizza, and for the first time in about 3 weeks I gave into that craving and ordered my favorite... olive and pineapple pizza. The problem is that I have been craving it for so long that I ate too much of it and it really wasn't as great as I was hoping it to be.

I feel like I have almost got myself trained to being OK with the healthier foods and the limited portions. But my mind still thinks I want the old stuff or need the old portions, and that is just not true. And consequently, afterwards I feel sick and gross for eating it. I am going to have to figure out a way to either cancel out those cravings or find ways to reduce them and find substitutes for them that give me the same satisfaction without the horrible consequences.

I am glad to still be learning these things.

I wanted to tell you about my dotfit program a little more. And now that I have my program running again this is how it breaks down.
I am expected to burn approx 2285 calories a day. This is based on my exercise level and my daily routines as far as naturally burned calories. In order for me to lose weight I cannot eat over 1364 calories per day. As of the last few days I have eaten around 1200 calories, which I think can still be cut down. This calorie difference will allow me to lose about .26 lbs per day I 5 days until my next check in, in which I will see if this is working for me.

Because I am still exhausted I am going to start another energy supplement and hope that it will help me get some energy. I am also reading Proverbs out of my Bible now, and I am hoping that it will help me to get rid of some of my stress that I am carrying as I seek God's wisdom. Combined I hope to have a new found energy and joy about things.

Thanks SO much for reading once again. I really am encouraged by you all! Please let me know how you're doing!

Philippians 4:4--Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!

Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment