Thursday, January 14, 2010

Wednesday, January 13

UGH! Another early morning... not only that, but another late night! Today I knew was going to have to be a day away from the gym. I had to work open to close at Wells Fargo, which isn't terribly bad, but I would have to get up at 5:45am to get to the gym or go after youth group at 9. Neither seemed capable for me today. I think I might be OK to take a day off.
So I tried to eat really decent.

Because it was such an early morning though, I needed a coffee. I woke up with a headache and was just exhausted, and had to get through a day of work... so Starbucks... Here I come! BAD IDEA! So the Dutch Bros. Coffee I had the other day... not so bad as far as calories... But my All-time-favorite coffee drink is the Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha! I got a grande (Which got my through the day 8:45am-5pm) but had a staggering 540 Calories! YIKES!!!! With it I got their perfect oatmeal, which is actually very good for you. It has 140 calories when not doctored up by all the fixins, but I got it with brown sugar which adds an extra 50 calories, making is 190. All together my Starbucks trip not only cost me too much money, but also way too many calories! 730 calories to be exact. I guess no more favorite coffee drink... bummer! If next time you see me and I am in a foul mood, its because 1) I haven't had coffee and 2) I cant have my favorite feel good coffee.

For lunch... MUCH better choices were made. I went to the grocery store to find lunches for the next several days. If I tell you everything I got, the next few posts wont be a surprise, but I think I did good.
I went to Albertsons... I think they are way too expensive, but they have a lot of healthy options.
In front of their deli there is a section of pita type breads. I found a flat bread that is similar to a pita but it is a wrap. I forgot the name of it, I will remember to tell you tomorrow, but it is only 100 calories per wrap! For my lunch I put lettuce (0 calories), 2 cheddar cheese slices (170 calories) fresh sliced turkey from the deli--2 slices (108 Calories), yellow mustard (11 Calories). With my wrap I had a salad (0 Calories) with Blue Cheese dressing (60 calories). And I couldn't resist some macaroni salad from the deli as well (105 calories). But I also heard great things about "Skinny Cow" it is a low calorie and low fat ice cream product. I got the chocolate truffle bars and they are only 100 calories also. So my total for lunch was: 654 calories. This was a little higher than I anticipated, but I am still proud of myself, because I am weaning out thing that I was eating before and finding substitutes for things that I still want to eat.

I went straight to youth group tonight and found myself at home a few hours later... very hungry. I had another bowl of my mom's homemade chicken noodle soup and a piece of french bread. The soup was about 300 calories and the bread another 100 making dinner a whopping 400 Calories. But I did eat a 5 Nilla Waffers (I need to not eat sweets... I just love them.) which was 89 calories.

Today I ate 1873 calories... too high still.

I feel like I am a Guinea pig. I am trying new foods and finding which ones are better than others. I also am realizing how many calories I was eating before and shocked at how much I was consuming. I have a lot to learn and a lot of improvement to make. I am so glad to be writing everything down and keeping track of it. Thanks so much for doing it with me. I look forward to a new and successful day tomorrow.

May the Lord bring peace and direction into each of your lives.
Philippians 4:7--And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment