Monday, February 1, 2010

Success tates better than funfetti cake!!!

I am thrilled... literally... grinning ear to ear right now! I have finally found some success to my torture! Let me tell you a little about the meal plan first, and then about the success!

Went to work like any ordinary day and had a Special K bar for breakfast. I actually really like these little 90 calorie bars. They come in delicious flavors... totally yummy. And they have the power to feed the hunger. I eat them with or for breakfast or as a snack before I work out or just in between meals when I am hungry. Today's was chocolate drizzle...

For lunch I had my left over pizza. I am glad to know that one slice of pizza is only about 180 calories (at least the kind I eat: Pineapple and olive). So I don't feel as bad for eating a couple slices. I had 3 slices for lunch and one slice later in the day to get me between meals. So in total I ate about 680 calories in pizza.

Tonight... I am not sure what I am having for dinner yet. More than likely it will be cereal. I have been eating a lot of mini wheats for the fiber. (THANKS SHAY). It seems to help a lot.

Tonight I had boot camp. Whew... I was not sure if I was in the mood today or not. But I went and I gave it everything I had. To start we had a contest. The very first day I had boot camp we had to do several tests to see where our fitness levels were. Today we repeated just one of the tests to see how much we had improved (there was a prize involved). We had to do as many push ups as we possibly could, until we really could not do another. They had to be full format and our chin had to go all the way down to our partners fist on the ground (not easy). Last time I was able to do only 20 and today I was able to do 26! I was so excited that I was able to do 6 more than last time. That means I am getting stronger and healthier! I won the coveted prize of a very nice gym bag... I actually needed one. YAY!

After a very difficult work out with Mike the Trainer (which involved me pulling or straining a muscle in my back). I decided to be brave and weigh myself. With anticipation and fear I stepped onto the scale and found out that I LOST 2.5 lbs!!! AWESOME!!! I am so excited! Today was a day of success in at the gym. And yes... it does taste better than funfetti cake! I hope that I can stay on track and continue to see good results!

Thanks again for reading!

Acts 20:24--However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me-the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace.

Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment